Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mindblowing Magickal Experience

It’s difficult to pull thoughts from thin air, to find the right words at exactly the right time. I don’t have much time to write, so I’ll try to freestyle and make as much sense as possible for now.
I attended an amazing gathering of Dianic witches last weekend. I went by chance to a gathering in the redwoods. I say by chance because my High Priestess just happened to have an extra space for Gathering the Goddesses. Having read Z. Budapest intermittently since my awakening to the old ways, wanting for years and years to attend a large gathering of witches such as this, I expressed my interest in going.

I danced with over a hundred other women in the firelight. I shed my clothing and danced naked as I was when came into this world (except for the red cord tied around my waist in initiation, not unlike the cord that ties us all to the Mother). I grew closer to my sisters by leaps and bounds, and two and a half days felt like a week, but I wanted it to be a month.

Time became thin. We raised immense amounts of energy and worked magic on behalf of the well-being of humanity, and we discovered new aspects of ourselves and each other. We celebrated our potential for creation, our flow of life, and our natural intuitions, our distinct talents and traits as women.

I won an Epona necklace in a silent auction, and I will be working with her more now.

2 comments:

Mama Ladybug said...

It was wonderful making magic with you! A month would have been grand.

Anonymous said...

I'm so gratefull that you were able to come and stay in our cabin, and that we all got so much closer...as a clan should!